AN AMAZING COURSE RANGING FROM BEGINNERS' TO MASTERS' LEVELS

Sifu Antonio Colarusso and Sifu Jeffrey Segal

Intensive Taijiquan Tai Chi Chuan

Happy faces at the Intensive Taijiquan Course of 5th to 11th September 2008 in Penang

The following discussion is reproduced from the thread Intensive Taijiquan in Malaysia September 2008 started in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum on 14th September 2008.

Antonio Colarusso Sifu Antonio Colarusso
Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Venezuela
14th September 2008

Intensive Taijiquan in Malaysia September 2008

I will like to open this thread to share with all of our family members the experiences each one of us had during this amazing course in the magical Island of Penang.

First, I will like to thank Sigung for giving all of us the opportunity to have an intensive Taijiquan course and to keep this wonderful martial art alive.

Second, Wei Foong for organizing and doing all of the administrative work.

Third, to Si Jie Emiko for her passion in keeping this wonderful art alive and the professionalism shown throughout and convincing Sigung to teach the course, the preparation, the follow up and the work done during the course, I really enjoy being there and training with you.

Fourth, to Si Heng Riccardo Salvatore, Si Heng Jeffrey Sigal, Si Heng Hubert, Si Jie Yumi, Sifu Rama and Sifu Piti, being around you all is an incredible opportunity to keep on getting treasures and teachings.

And finally to all of the family members that made this a magical experience for me.

I am also always grateful to Guan Yin Pu Satt for allowing me to be a part of this incredible Shaolin Wahnam Institute.

I feel that now I have the necessary tools and with more discipline and practice, we will start in November teaching this wonderful martial art in Venezuela.

So let start sharing!!!

Tony Colarusso
Shaolin Wahnam Venezuela
www.shaolinwahnam.com.ve

Intensive Taijiquan Tai Chi Chuan
How do you increase your speed of moving in stance without actually moving faster?

Sifu Jeffrey Segal
Instructor, Shaolin Wahnam Australia
15th September 2008
Jeffrey Segal

Hello Everybody!

Ah yes, what a truly amazing week it was. For me there were countless highlights but here are just a few:

Sifu's clear, concise teaching style which is always based on transmitting the essence of Taijiquan. I feel very fortunate to have a Sifu who can bring the Taijiquan classics alive, thus enhancing my training and daily life.

Having the opportunity to cross hands with such a wide variety of practitioners including Latin American giants, delicate yet powerful Japanese women and even a Scottish Dragon. Over the course of the 5 days, I feel like I had meaningful training sessions with all of the course participants.

Spending time outside of the official classes with Sifu, Riccardo and Rama Sihengs as well as my other sister and brother instructors and fellow Taijiquan practitioners. Whether we were sharing excellent meals, Venezuelan rum, durian or just sitting around being together, I enjoyed every minute of my stay in Penang.

Thank you, Tony for initiating this thread. I encourage all who attended the course to contribute and share your experiences. I suggest that we also use this thread to discuss the material covered during the course. Sifu has already started uploading video clips from the course onto his website. If you have any questions about anything from the course or anything that arises in your training, please ask your questions here, or start another thread.

My personal approach to incorporating what we covered in the course into my own training and teaching is that I'm starting from Day 1. For the next few weeks or longer I'm going to be concentrating on Stance Training and Moving in Stances.

I have two questions to check everybody's memory

1. What are two ways of increasing the speed of moving in stances without actually moving faster?
  2. What are the five factors to take into consideration when we are training moving in stances?

From the Heart,

Intensive Taijiquan Course in Malaysia 5th to 11th September 2008

1. An Amazing Course Ranging from Beginners' to Masters' Levels
  2. Non-Resistance and Moving in Stance
  3. What a Wonderful Course
  4. Five Factors for Consideration when Moving in Stances
  5. Capturing the Feeling of the Course
  6. An Undescribtable Deep Connection with All Human Beings and Life
  7. Some Highlights of the Course
  8. Multiple Attack and Moving in Stances
  9. Lifting Water for Force Training and Chi Flow
  10. It was a Life-Changing Experience