WHAT A WONDERFUL COURSE

Adrea, Niklas, Sifu Hubert, Andrian

Intensive Taijiquan Tai Chi Chuan

Size and gender are not decisive factors in Taijiquan

The following discussion is reproduced from the thread Intensive Taijiquan in Malaysia September 2008 started in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum on 14th September 2008.

Andrea
Shaolin Wahnam Switzerland
17th September 2008
Andrea

Back Home

Dear Family

Yes the course was fantastic. I have just returned home and I feel very, very privileged to have been there.

My deep gratitude goes to Sigung for conducting this course and sharing with us so many skills and secrets. I feel like a field in which hundreds of seedlings have been planted, that will grow into beautiful flowers when watered with daily practice . Thank you Sigung.

It has also been a great joy and honor for me as a junior to learn along so many Seniors. To all of you a big thanks from the heart for your help, your willigness to share your experience and your commitment of keeping these arts alive.

And to my fellow Juniors - it has been a great pleasure to meet you all and to learn with and from you.

I will try and share some of my personal "pearls" from this course in a next post ... once the bags are unpacked .

Andrea

Niklas
Shaolin Wahnam Sweden
18th September 2008
Niklas
Hi,

I have gone through the first overview from the course. Reading, watching and practicing. Having a really good time and learning ALOT, enjoying Sifus marvelous teaching, watching many dear friends having fun. I look forward to the next part, even though i have enough already to keep me busy for a long time.

So far I particularly enjoyed two videos. Sifu loosing balance (i am still smiling) and Sije Emiko and Siheng Rama doing striking hands together.

I would like to express my deep gratitude for Sifu holding the course and to all who were there recieving his teachings to ensure this beautiful art to be alive and flowing.

All the best,
Niklas
"If a man is called to be a streetsweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michelangelo painted, or Beethoven played music, or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, here lived a great streetsweeper who did his job well." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Intensive Taijiquan Tai Chi Chuan
Pushing Hands can be a lot of fun

Hubert Sifu Hubert Razack
Shaolin Wahnam France
18th September 2008

What a wonderful course this was! I can only echo my Brothers and Sisters words. It was in turn eye-opening, challenging, mind-blowing, comforting, and very humbling.

It was a joy and privilege to cross hands with so many people, of all age, shape, and skill levels. Many thanks to Sifu and my Shaolin Family for yet another life-changing course!

Now, I would encourage all Shaolin Wahnam students to have fun with Jeffrey Sihing's question regarding the five factors when moving in stances.

To get the ball rolling, I'll give the first one: the direction where you want to move to.

So, any takers with some of the other four? What else do you think needs to be taken into account?

Shaolin Kung Fu students are welcome to participate, it's the same five factors

Warmest,

Hubert.

Adrian Adrian
Shaolin Wahnam Walese
21st September 2008

I also would like to thank Sifu for a wonderful course and also thank the other participants for being excellent training partners.

With regard to the five factors of moving in stances I think the second point is how you are going to get there, Right / Right, Right / Left, etc

Kind regards

Ade

Intensive Taijiquan Course in Malaysia 5th to 11th September 2008

1. An Amazing Course Ranging from Beginners' to Masters' Levels
  2. Non-Resistance and Moving in Stance
  3. What a Wonderful Course
  4. Five Factors for Consideration when Moving in Stances
  5. Capturing the Feeling of the Course
  6. An Undescribtable Deep Connection with All Human Beings and Life
  7. Some Highlights of the Course
  8. Multiple Attack and Moving in Stances
  9. Lifting Water for Force Training and Chi Flow