WORKING OUT WAYS TO FIGHT A BOXER
If you wish to be combat efficient, you have to learn and practice how to fight a Boxer. Why is fighting a Boxer so important. It is because today most martial artists, irrespective of the styles they practice, use Boxing techniques in their sparring and fighting.
An invaluable aspect of our training is that students work out their own techniques and tactics from actual experience instead of merely being told by their instructors. They are first given some good advice so that they do not have to start from scratch but benefit from the wisdom and experience of past masters.
An important combat principle is to know the strong points and weaknesses of your opponent. Of course, you avoid his strong points, and attack his weaknesses.
The strong points of a Boxer are his speed and agility. If you try to match him in speed, you would have a big disadvantage. His weaknesses are his techniques are limited and his attack and defence are relatively in short range. How would you avoid his strong points and exploit his weaknesses?
The video clips in this series show participants at the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course of October 2007 in Malaysia working out amongst themselves some effective ways to fight Boxers. Would you be able to work out some effective ways yourself by watching these videos? The next series will show the review of their own effort with Grandmaster Wong's comments and advice.
Please note that you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Place your computer pointer at the picture, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
Please click on the images below to view the videos
1. Stances: the Foundation for Internal Force and Combat Efficiency
2. Footwork Secrets for Health, Efficiency and Elegance
3. Moving into a Same Direction using Different Ways to Gain Advantages
4. Picture-Perfect Forms and Flowing Movements
5. From Random Fighting to Patterns, and from Patterns to Sequences and Sets
9. The Five Basic Kicks
10. The Secrets of Side Kicks and Continuous Cannons
11. How You may Defeat Opponents Experienced in Random Free Sparring
12. How Would a Fragile Girl Counter a Powerful Sweeping Kick from a Muay Thai Fighter?
18. Working out Ways to Fight a Boxer
19. Effective Tactics and Techniques against Boxers
20. From Gross Outline to Fine Details
21. Exploiting Advantage to Clinch Victory
22. Variety of Kungfu Techniques against Boxers
23. Analysis of Techniques Used against Boxers
24. Using Shaolin Kunfu against Boxing in Free Sparring
30. Understanding the Typical Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters
31. Grandmaster Ho's Secrets in Countering Muay Thai Fighters
32. First Avoid Defeat, Then Secure Victory
33. Counteroing the Elbow and Knee Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters