EIGHTEEN-COLLECTION OF PRAYING MANTIS KUNGFU
Although the course took only three days, it was comprehensive and in-depth. Using the Eighteen-Collection Set as the base, Grandmaster Wong taught all the important aspects of Shaolin Praying Mantis Kungfu at the course. He also taught the Eighteen-Lohan Art, which was employed by Northern Shaolin practitioners in the past to develop internal force, as well as the newly developed form-flow-force approach.
The Eighteen-Collection Set incorporates all the best eighteen kungfu techniques and tactics Wang Lang had collected from his friendly sparring with masters all over China, which he used to found his Praying Mantis Kungfu, Hence the combat applications taught at the course were extensive and sophisticated.
The videos here show only a selection of the lesions. Course participants are requested to contact Sifu Roland Mastel for a private link to a complete presentation of the Eighteen-Lohan Art. A video series showing the Eighteen-Collection Set can be found here.
- Eighteen-Lohan Art and the Flow Method
- Reviewing the Form of the Eighteen-Collection Set
- Generating Energy Flow from Picture-Perfect Form
- Converting Flow into Force in the Flow Method
- Combat Applications of the Eighteen-Collection Set
- Formidable Techniques of Past Masters
- Pressing Attacks in Praying Mantis Kungfu
- Teachings of Past Masters
- Praying Mantis Kungfu is Famous for Kicks
- Gripping Techniques in Double Fists
- Short Strike in Seven-Star Turn Cart
- Famous Techniques and Tactics from the Past
- Counters against Sweeping Kicks and Charging Attacks
- Functions and Evolution of the Seven-Star Step
- Cotton Palm and Distract-Trick
- Cotton Palm, Bosom Fist and Mantis Hook
- Which Pattern Can be Used Against Any Kicks?
- Just One Pattern against Any Boxers' Attacks
- Excellent Tactics against Any Kicks
- Excellent Techniques against Kick-Boxers and Taekwondo Exponents
- Counters against Typical Muay Thai Attacks
- Strike from Bosom against the Shoot
Praying Mantis Eighteen-Collection Set