YANG STYLE TAIJIQUAN COURSE IN IRELAND
The Yang Style Taijiquan Course from 17th to 20th February 2014 in Killarney, Ireland fulfilled the following aims:
- Understand basic mechanics of Taijiquan, like differentiating yin-yang and rotating the waist.
- Acquire fundamental Taijiquan skills, like being relaxed and graceful, no beginning and no ending, and movements in continuous flow.
- Develop internal force, like using Lifting Water and Grasping Sparrow’s Tail.
- Learn to explode force from our dan tian, using spiral movement.
- Learn combat application of basic Taijiquan patterns.
- Learn counters against common attacks from other martial arts.
- Apply sequence attack on opponents.
- Compose sequences or short sets for various purposes, like for children, elderly people, and overcoming pain and illness.
- Spirit of Yang Style and Chen Style Taijiquan.
Besides deriving many benefits, the course was full of fun and laughter.
We would like to thank Sifu Joan Brown for her time and effort in making the course possible.
The original videos posted in YouTube were mysteriously lost. We would like to thank Sifu Kevin Barry and Peter Clayton of Ireland for retrieving these videos to enable us to post them at Vimeo.
- Basic Stances of Taijiquan
- Rotation of Waist in Taijiquan
- Exploding Force in Taijiquan
- Taijiquan Combat Application (1)
- Some Taijiquan Patterns
- Internal Force Issuing from Dan Tian
- Double Flying Kicks
- Circular Movement of Taijiquan
- Gentle or Forceful Taijiquan Movement
- Generating Internal Force in Taijiquan
- Taijiquan Movements
- Taijiquan Combat Application (2)
- Taijiquan Combat Application (3)
- Taijiquan Combat Application (4)
- Taijiquan Combat Application (5)
- Taijiquan Combat Application (6)
- How to Teach a Class (1)
- How to Teach a Class (2)
- Taijiquan Performance
- Taijiquan Combat Application (7)
- Taijiquan Combat Application (8)
- The Difference
- Taijiquan Combat Sequences
- Taijiquan Combat Application (9)
- Continuous Flow in Taijiquan
- Yang Style Taijiquan
- Chen Style Taijiquan
- Wahnam Taijiquan
Treasure House of Kungfu Sets
Treasure House of Combat Application