COUNTERING THE LEFT-LEFT-RIGHT OF BOXERS
A favorite tactic of a Boxer is to throw some light left jabs, then follows with a solid right cross. This is code-named “left-left-right” or “1-1-2”. Sometimes it may just be a light left jab, follows with a right cross, which is “left-right” or “1-2”. Hence, a Boxer would bounce around you with series of 1-1-2, 1-1-2, etc.
An effective counter tactic is to brush away his left jabs with “Single Tiger Emerges from Cave”, and his right crosses with “Wave Dragon Back to Cave”. Whenever appropriate, as you brush away his jabs or crosses, move in and “tame” his both hands to immobilize him. Then strike him with Black Tigers or Golden Leopards. If he covers his body with his hands, strike his upper arms with your leopard punches.
If he moves back, which is his likely reaction, close up with one-step, two-step or multiple-step chase, continuing to strike him with Black Tigers or Golden Leopards. As a Boxer's techniques are limited, he is often quite helpless if you can apply these techniques and tactics skillfully.
- From Shaolin to Instinctive Fighting to Boxing
- Basic Counters against a Boxer's Jabs
- Chasing after a Boxer's Retreat
- One-Step, Two-Step or Multiple-Step Chase
- Practicing on your Own, then Testing it on your Partner
- Counters against a Boxer's Left Jabs
- Handling Unexpected Attacks Correctly and Spontaneously
- Progressing to Realistic Sparring with a Boxer
- Employing Appropriate Tactics to Defeat a Boxer
- Sticking to a Boxer as he Tries to Bounce Away
- Advantages of the Bow-Arrow Stance over a Boxer's Footwork
- Practicing Numerous Tactics against Boxers
- The Tactics of Closing and of Opening a Boxer
- Handling a Boxer Competently despite his Speed and Size
- Understanding and Implementing Techniques, Tactics and Skills against Boxers
- Countering the Left-Left-Right of Boxers
- Kick a Boxer Whenever he Uses his Right Hand
- Various Tactics to Handle a Boxer
- Attacking a Boxer with a Planned Sequence
- Felling an Opponent as he Attacks with an Undercut
- Various Ways to Fell an Opponent
- Knee Strikes and their Counters
- From Simple Techniques to Sophisticated Patterns
- Why are many Kungfu Practitioners Unable to Counter Muay Thai or Kick-Boxing Attacks?
- Superiority of Kungfu Stances, Footwork and Techniques
- Counters against Muay Thai and Kick-Boxing Attacks
- Effective Tactics and Techniques against Continuous Attacks Mixed with Feint Moves
- How do you Counter Continous Kicks?
- Exploiting the Innate Weaknesses of Kicks to Counter Them
- Throwing an Opponent as he Kicks
- Striking the Attacker as he Attempts a Shoot
- Countering the Shoot when an Attacker has Grabbed you or Pushed you onto the Ground