INTENSIVE SHAOLIN KUNGFU COURSE
Personally conducted by Sifu Wong Kiew Kit
The Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course is wonderful. In just five days course participants learn to develop intenal force, combat application using Shaolin techniques, and all the necessary things any kungfu practitioner should know from a beginners' level to a master's level.
- To have a basic understanding of the meaning and scope of Shaolin Kungfu.
- To acquire within a comparatively short time the best available kungfu skills and techniques which students can competently practice on their own for health, vitality, longevity, combat efficiency, mental freshness and spiritual fullfilment.
- To have a basic understanding of the philosophy of Shaolin Kungfu.
- To be familiar with fundamental Shaolin kungfu form.
- To be introduced to Shaolin force training.
- To learn and practice Shaolin kungfu application.
(a) the meaning and scope of Shaolin Kungfu
(b) some fundamental kungfu principles
(c) moral and spiritual dimensions of Shaolin kungfu, irrespective of race, culture and religion.
(a) basic Shaolin stances
(b) some fundamental Shaolin patterns
(c) linking patterns to constitute a set
(d) breathing co-ordination
(e) fluidity of movements
(a) relevant Shaolin Chi Kung
(b) One-Finger Zen
(c) some basic Shaolin force training methods
(d) Standing Meditation.
(a) some Shaolin patterns for combat
(b) the four categories of attacks
(c) important principles of defence;
(d) specific techniques against common attacks
- Have a sound knowledge of the theoretic aspects of Shaolin kungfu.
- Understand the important aspects of basic Shaolin kungfu patterns.
- Be able to compose a Shaolin kungfu set with understanding of underlying principles.
- Appreciate the significance and methods of force training.
- Experience fitness, health and vitality.
- Know some effective defence techniques against all the four categories of attacks, and with practice, feel confident of being able to handle any combat situation.
- Be inspired that the beauty of Shaolin Kungfu is not just a fighting art.
- Usually be amazed at what can be accomplished in a few days of intensive training if the students are clear about their objectives, have the right methods and are ready to work hard.
1st day — Arrival
- 2nd day — Training 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 noon, and 3.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m., Welcoming dinner 8.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- 3rd day — Training 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 noon, and 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- 4th day — Training 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 noon, and 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- 5th day — Training 8.00 a.m. to 10.00 noon, and 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m.
- 6rd day — Training 8.00 a.m. to 11.00 noon, 4.00 p.m. to 6.00 p.m, Graduation dinner 8.00 p.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- 7th day — Departure
The welcoming dinner and the graduation dinner are complimentary. Family members who come with you are invited to the dinners, but please inform the Secretary beforehand to ensure that places are reserved at the dinners.
1800 euros per participant to be sent to the Secretary before the course, or paid by cash on the first day of the course.
If any course participant is not satisfied that the set objectives have been fulfilled, he or she can ask for a full refund and it will be refunded without question. But this must be done before the end of the course. Once the course is over, it is deem that all those who have completed the course are satisfied, and no refund will be given after that.
This intensive kungfu course is meant for those at instructors' levels or those with at least three years of kungfu experience. Others who wish to take the course must work extra hard to compensate for their lack of experience. They should at least be able to perform kungfu forms competently.
While results can be felt during the course itself, lasting effects and of a high standard can be obtained only if the students continue practicing what they have learnt, for at least a few months, if not years.
No one can be proficient in kungfu by merely attaining an intensive course. The purpose of the course is to provide students with fundamental skills and techniques; subsequent diligent practice is necessary.
Intending students should also note that while combat efficiency is emphasized, this course is never meant for street combat or prize-fighting.
One essential condition is required for participating in the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course, and that is to uphold and practice the Ten Shaolin Laws. Please read and understand the Ten Shaolin Laws carefully. Application for the course is taken to be an indication that you have accepted this condition.
The intensive courses are NOT suitable for AIDS patients and those who are HIV positive. If you wish to know the reasons, please refer to Answer 22 of the May 1999 Part 1 from the Question-Answer series.
Also please refer to this page for some examples of illness overcome.
Apply to The Secretary, stating:
- the name of this course, i.e. Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course
- your full name
- your sex and age
- your occupation
- your e-mail address
- your postal address
- your phone and fax numbers, if any
- your health problems (briefly), if any
If you are accepted, details will be e-mailed to you.
You do not have to pay any application or booking fees. The course fee of 1800 euros (which is the only fee you have to pay) is payable only if you are satisfied.
Food and Accommodation
The course is usually held in Penang in Malaysia, but may be held in other places on special occasions. The exact venue will be announced together with the specific dates.
You have to pay for your own food and accommodation. You can have your meals and stay wherever you like. But it is recommended that you ask our Secretary to book accommodation for you for better co-ordination.
A comfortable, air-conditioned room with complimentary breakfast costs about 30 euros per day. A sumptuous meal costs less than 10 euros per person. Both Western and Eastern food are available.
Basic Combat Sequences
A major aim of the course is to enable you to spar using typical kungfu patterns. The basic material in our Shaolin Wahnam sparring methodology to achieve this aim is the Basic Shaolin Combat Sequences . A series of video clips showing these 16 sequences can be found here .
Try to familiarize yourself with these 16 sequences as best as you can. But if you have difficulty doing so, don't worry. You will learn them systematically during the course. These video clips will serve as useful source material for reference.
Shaolin Kungfu Sets
It is a well-known fact that our intensive courses are really intensive, covering many important areas in some depth within a very short time. The teaching, however, is methodical and systematic, enabling you to progress from scratch to fairly advanced levels. You need not have prior experience in the various areas mentioned above, but you need to be able to perform basic kungfu patterns (even just their external forms) reasonably well before attending the course. And when you have returned home you need to practice what you have learnt so that the benefits can become lasting.
The following Shaolin kungfu sets shown in Shaolin Kungfu Sets for Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course will be used during the course for the training of the various skills and techniques mentioned above.
It will be a great help to you if you familiarize yourselves with these forms or routines before you attend the course. You need not be perfect in them, as fine-tuning will be done during the course, but it will be very helpful if you can perform them without worrying about the accuracy of their forms and sequencing of their order, so that during the course you can focus on developing skills rather than learning forms. But if you are unable to do this, don't worry. We shall do what we can during the course to help you.
- The Ten Shaolin Laws
- Basic Shaolin Combat Sequences
- Shaolin Kungfu Sets for Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course
- The Wonderful Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course