COUNTERS AGAINST KNEE STRIKES, ELBOW STRIKES AND ELBOW DISLOCATIONS
Knee strikes and elbow strikes are effective in close-quarter fighting. Muay Thai fighters use these attacks frequently. The video clips here show some effective counters against these attacks.
Another formidable attack is to dislocate an opponent's elbow. A suitable time to apply this technique is when an opponent executes an u skyward cannon punch or a upper-cut. Interestingly, the skyward cannon punch is also an effective counter against this elbow dislocation attack.
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Striking Knee||Striking Knee||Against Upper-Cut|
|Countering Elbow Grip||Countering Elbow Grip||Countering Elbow Strike|
|Against Elbow Strike||Against Elbow Strike|
|Against Boxing||Against Boxing||Against Boxing|
Selection from Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course in Frankfurt of June 2008
- Special Issue 1: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Boxing
- Special Issue 2: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Kick-Boxing
- Applying Shaolin Kungfu against other Martial Arts
- Applying the Tactic of Chase, Cover and Strike against Boxers
- Effective Shaolin Techniques and Tactics against Kick-Boxing
- Intercepting Fast Punches and Striking Kicking Legs
- Shaolin Counters against Sweeping Kicks and Knee Jabs
- Handling Kick-Boxers and Muay Thai Fighters
- Counters against Knee Strikes, Elbow Strikes and Elbow Dislocations
- Effective Ways to Handle Boxers
- Counters against Kick-Boxing and Wrestling Attacks
- The Eight Distilled Combat Sequences