APPLYING THE TACTIC OF CHASE, COVER AND STRIKE AGAINST BOXERS
There are so many Shaolin techniques that can be effectively used against Boxers. The Shaolin techniques chosen here are relatively elementary. More sophisticated techniques like felling and chin-na are not used.
Yet, these elementary techniques are adequate to handle a Boxer competently if you are skillful. The tactic shown here, which is excellent against Boxers, is “Chase, Cover and Strike”. You chase a Boxer so that you are at close-quarters, cover his hands so that he cannot rain punches on you, and continuously strike him.
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Distilled Sequence 1||Against Boxing||Against Boxing|
|Chase, Cover, Strike||Chase, Cover, Strike||Chase, Cover, Strike|
|Moving In||Moving In||Against Boxing|
Selection from Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course in Frankfurt of June 2008
- Special Issue 1: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Boxing
- Special Issue 2: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Kick-Boxing
- Applying Shaolin Kungfu against other Martial Arts
- Applying the Tactic of Chase, Cover and Strike against Boxers
- Effective Shaolin Techniques and Tactics against Kick-Boxing
- Intercepting Fast Punches and Striking Kicking Legs
- Shaolin Counters against Sweeping Kicks and Knee Jabs
- Handling Kick-Boxers and Muay Thai Fighters
- Counters against Knee Strikes, Elbow Strikes and Elbow Dislocations
- Effective Ways to Handle Boxers
- Counters against Kick-Boxing and Wrestling Attacks
- The Eight Distilled Combat Sequences