APPLYING SHAOLIN KUNGFU AGAINST OTHER MARTIAL ARTS
It is actually amusing to find many kungfu practitioners, including some masters, thinking that kungfu techniques are not as effective as Boxing or Kick-Boxing for combat. Hence, they discard kungfu patterns for Boxing or Kick-Boxing in their sparring.
The reason, of course, is not that kungfu is combat inefficient, but that these kungfu practitioners do not know how to apply their kungfu for combat. In the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course in Frankfurt in June 2008, course participants spent some time applying Shaolin techniques against opponents using Boxing, Kick-Boxing, Muay Thai and Wrestling.
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Combat Sequence||Shaolin against Boxing||Shaolin against Boxing|
|Shaolin Techniques||Shaolin Techniques||Shaolin Techniques|
|Distilled Sequence 6||Distilled Sequence 7||Distilled Sequence 7|
Selection from Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course in Frankfurt of June 2008
- Special Issue 1: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Boxing
- Special Issue 2: How you can Apply Shaolin Kungfu against Kick-Boxing
- Applying Shaolin Kungfu against other Martial Arts
- Applying the Tactic of Chase, Cover and Strike against Boxers
- Effective Shaolin Techniques and Tactics against Kick-Boxing
- Intercepting Fast Punches and Striking Kicking Legs
- Shaolin Counters against Sweeping Kicks and Knee Jabs
- Handling Kick-Boxers and Muay Thai Fighters
- Counters against Knee Strikes, Elbow Strikes and Elbow Dislocations
- Effective Ways to Handle Boxers
- Counters against Kick-Boxing and Wrestling Attacks
- The Eight Distilled Combat Sequences