SHAOLIN FELLING TECHNIQUES AND THEIR DEFENCES
Many people have the mis-conception that there are no throws in Shaolin Kungfu. Actually there are more throws in Shaolin Kungfu than in martial arts known for throws like Judo.
Throwing is only one of the techniques in the category of techniques called felling with the objective of felling an opponent onto the ground. In Shaolin Kungfu there are many other ways of felling an opponent besides throwing, and some of these do not need holding an opponent first before felling him. These various felling techniques are traditionally known in Shaolin Kungfu as “Siew Lam Sap Pat Thiet” (“Shao Lin Si Ba Tet”), or the “Shaolin Eighteen Felling Techniques”.
Felling is generally not a combat-ending technique because after his fall an opponent can come up from the ground to continue fighting. Hence, it is usually followed with a decisive strike. In other words, you fell an opponent to put him at a disadvantageous position, then you finish him with a coup de grace. However, some felling techniques can be combat-ending. When you fell an opponent as well as when you have felled him, ensure that you cover yourself from his possible counter-attacks.
Please note that you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
1. Stances: the Foundation for Internal Force and Combat Efficiency
2. Footwork Secrets for Health, Efficiency and Elegance
3. Moving into a Same Direction using Different Ways to Gain Advantages
4. Picture-Perfect Forms and Flowing Movements
5. From Random Fighting to Patterns, and from Patterns to Sequences and Sets
9. The Five Basic Kicks
10. The Secrets of Side Kicks and Continuous Cannons
11. How You may Defeat Opponents Experienced in Random Free Sparring
12. How Would a Fragile Girl Counter a Powerful Sweeping Kick from a Muay Thai Fighter?
18. Working out Ways to Fight a Boxer
19. Effective Tactics and Techniques against Boxers
20. From Gross Outline to Fine Details
21. Exploiting Advantage to Clinch Victory
22. Variety of Kungfu Techniques against Boxers
23. Analysis of Techniques Used against Boxers
24. Using Shaolin Kunfu against Boxing in Free Sparring
30. Understanding the Typical Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters
31. Grandmaster Ho's Secrets in Countering Muay Thai Fighters
32. First Avoid Defeat, Then Secure Victory
33. Counteroing the Elbow and Knee Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters