QIGONG AS TAUGHT BY GREAT MASTERS -- OVERVIEW
I have collected a lot of classics. In the early 1990s when I had to answer qigong questions from the public, I compiled some qigong classics into an unpublished book which was in Chinese. Later I translated this Chinese manuscript into English into an unpublished book called "Qigong as Taught by Great Masters".
Initially I used the term "qigong", which is in Romanized Chinese, but my editor for the "Art of Chi Kung" suggested that I used the term "chi kung", which is the usual English spelling and is of the same pronunciation, for the ease of readers. Except for some chapters, there are no illustrations in the manuscript, but some illustrations from Shaolin Wahnam are added.
Although I may not agree with some of the chapters, they constitute the philosophy of our Shaolin Wahnam chi kung.
The following are the titles of the book in 22 chapters.
- Overview of Qigong Training
- Basic Knowledge of Qigong
- History of Qigong
- The Marvels of Qigong
- The Fundamentals of Qigong Training
- A Few Questions for Consideration in Qigong Training
- Explanation of Jing, Qi, Shen, or Form, Energy and Spirit
- Qigong and the Philosophy of Yin-Yang and Five Elemental Processes
- Techniques of Qigong for Healing
- Mobile Qigong Techniques
- Commonly Used Quiescent Qigong Techniques
- Effects of Qigong Healing
- Deviations During Qigong Training and their Corrections
- Functions and Special Features of Five-Animal Play
- 80 Words of Qigong Master and Doctor Yan Xin
- Taijiquan and Qigong
- Introduction to Shaolin Qigong
- The Marvellous Art of Baguazhang
- Xingyiquan and Energy
- Shaolin, Wudang and Internal Art Training
- Taoist Training Methods in Ancient China
- Four Zen and Eight Stages of Silent Sitting
30th October 2019, Sungai Petani