EAGLE CLAW KUNGFU FOR NON-SHAOLIN WAHNAM MEMBERS -- OVERVIEW
The following webpages are for non-Shaolin Wahnam family members. Shaolin Wahnam family members, of course, may use these webpages for comparison.
The core of Eagle Claw Kungfu is the 50 Sequences of Eagle Claw. As it is not feasible to post all the 50 Sequences in this programme, only a few of the sequences are posted.
Eagle Claw was invented by the Song general and kungfu genius, Yue Fei. Yue Fei also invented Xingyiquan.
Xingyiquan is known as kungfu for generals, whereas Eagle Claw is known as kungfu for ordinary soldiers. Nevertheless, Eagle Claw Kungfu is a sophisticated martial art. The last video gives an idea of the sophistication of kungfu.
However, for various reasons, many students today do not know how to apply their kungfu for combat. They just demonstrate external kungfu forms or merely exchange blows.
This programme is meant to help students, who could not learn from Shaolin Wahnam, to use kungfu for combat. More importantly, the training will give them good health, mental clarity and spiritual joys irrespective of their religion.
Kungfu needs to be practiced, not just learned. If you can spend about half an hour to an hour a day for your kungfu training, in a year you would enjoy the benefits of practicing kungfu.
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
9th April 2018
- Stance Training for Mental Clarity and Internal Force
- Some Examples of the 50 Sequences of Eagle Claw
- Internal Force Training of Eagle Claw Kungfu
- Eagle Claw Guard Hands against a Boxer
- Simple Combat Application of Eagle Claw Kungfu
- Using Eagle Claw Kungfu to Handle Kicks
- Using Eagle Claw Kungfu to Fell Opponents
- Using Circular Hands to Counter Grips
- Sophisticated Application of "Bottom Capture Hand" and its Counters
Courses and Classes