TRAVELING DRAGON AND FEROCIOUS TIGER
Many people confuse the sword with the saber. In kungfu weaponry they are very different. The sword, called “jian” in Chinese, is double edged and is light and dainty. The saber, called “dao”, is single-edged and is heavy and forceful.
The saber can be very fast and forceful, and is often likened to a ferocious tiger. The sword is like a traveling dragon. Their techniques are very different. Using a sword like a saber, which is not uncommon in many kungfu movies, is a sure indication that the performer does not know the combat application of the sword.
Combat between a saber and a sword is interesting and illuminating. One is forceful and fast, like an invincible warrior who walks over any opponents. The other is flowing and elegant, like a wandering kungfu-knight flowing through life care-freely and enjoying it.
1. The Dainty Chinese Sword against the Mighty Samurai Sword
2. The Master's Weapon against the Mother of Weapons
3. The Marvelous Sword against the King of Weapons
4. Traveling Dragon and Ferocious Tiger
5. How would You Defend against the Versatile Three-Sectional Staff
6. Secrets that Enhance Combat Efficiency and Daily Life