EAGLE CLAW SEQUENCES 41 - 50
Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu - Part 5Many people would have heard of the kungfu saying “nam khuen pak theui” (“nan quan bei tui” in Mandarin), which means that Southern Shaolin Kungfu is noted for its fists, whereas Northern Shaolin Kungfu is famous for its kicks.
This saying, however, is only a general description to compare the strong points between Northern and Southern Shaolin Kungfu. We must not be limited by the saying to think that hand techniques are not important in Northern Shaolin or kicks are not important in Southern Shaolin. Indeed, Southern Shaolin is famous for is No-Shadow Kicks. And Northern Shaolin, as represented her by Eagle Claw Kungfu, is famous for its hand techniques.
The names of the sequences in Cantonese pronunciation and English translation are as follows:
- Hang Pou Thiew Sau - Moving Forward Hook Technique
- Sim Chin - Dodge Spread
- Thip San Khow Ta - Close Body Support Strike
- Sheut San Fatt - Fell Body Technique
- Seen Yein Woon Yin - Immortal Changes Shadow
- Yip Lei Choong Fa - Hide Flower in Leaves
- Chin Chap Pou - Front Thrust Leg
- Hou Chap Pou - Back Thrust Leg
- Chai Pou Seong - Forward Together
- Cheen Hou Thiew Thui - Front Back Jumping Leg
Sequences 41 - 50 of Eagle Claw Kungfu in Solo Performance
You can view all the 10 sequences in this video by clicking the picture below, or at Vimeo by clicking the caption.
- Eagle Claw Sequences 1-10
- Eagle Claw Sequences 11-20
- Eagle Claw Sequences 21-30
- Eagle Claw Sequences 31-40
- Eagle Claw Sequences 41-50
- Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu
- A Lively Discussion of Eagle Claw Kungfu in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum
Courses and Classes