EAGLE CLAW SEQUENCES 1 - 10
Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu - Part 1The Fifty Eagle Claw Sequences presented here are a legacy of Sifu Chen Tzi Ching, who was nick-named the Eagle Claw King during his time. In the 1920s, Sifu Chen Tzi Ching taught Eagle Claw Kungfu at the Chin Woo Association, which was founded by the great master, Fok Yun Kap (Huo Yuan Jia in Mandarin pronounciation), who wanted to promote the best of kungfu in this association. “Chin Woo” (“Jing Wu” in Mandarin) means “Essence of Martial Art”.
The 50 Sequences of Eagle Claw in solo practice are presented here. Eagle Claw Kungfu is conservative, but as we wish to preserve the greatness of kungfu, the combat sequences are presented elsewhere in the website.
Sequences 1 - 10 of Eagle Claw Kungfu in Solo Performance
The names of the sequences in Cantonese pronunciation and English translation are as follows:
- Ngat Ta - Press Strike
- Thiew Ta - Lift Strike
- Pang Khuen - Side Punch
- Whak thiew - Draw Lift
- Khoi Ma Sam Khuen - Slant Horse Three Fists
- Fan Khuen - Hanging Fist
- Cham Yew Cheong - Chop-Waist Palm
- Pai Pou Hang - Side Step
- Chuin Wan Cheong - Turn Return Palms
- Chein Jow Thun Ta - Press Elbow Continuous Strikes
You can view all the 10 sequences in this video by clicking the picture below, or at Vimeo by clicking the caption.
- Eagle Claw Sequences 1-10
- Eagle Claw Sequences 11-20
- Eagle Claw Sequences 21-30
- Eagle Claw Sequences 31-40
- Eagle Claw Sequences 41-50
- Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu
- A Lively Discussion of Eagle Claw Kungfu in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum