Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu - Part 1
EAGLE CLAW SEQUENCES 1 - 10
The Fifty Eagle Claw Sequences presented here are a legacy of Sifu Chen Tzi Ching, who was nick-named the Eagle Claw King during his time. In the 1920s, Sifu Chen Tzi Ching taught Eagle Claw Kungfu at the Chin Woo Association, which was founded by the great master, Fok Yun Kap (Huo Yuan Jia in Mandarin pronounciation), who wanted to promote the best of kungfu in this association. “Chin Woo” (“Jing Wu” in Mandarin) means “Essence of Martial Art”.
The 50 Sequences of Eagle Claw in solo practice are presented here. Because of the secret nature of Eagle Claw combat application, the corresponding 50 Combat Sequences of Eagle Claw will be made available only to course participants. But to show that Eagle Claw application goes much deeper than what it appears at the surface, some combat applications are revealed.
Sequences 1 - 10 of Eagle Claw Kungfu in Solo Performance
The names of the sequences in Cantonese pronunciation and English translation are as follows:
- Ngat Ta - Press Strike
- Thiew Ta - Lift Strike
- Pang Khuen - Side Punch
- Whak thiew - Draw Lift
- Khoi Ma Sam Khuen - Slant Horse Three Fists
- Fan Khuen - Hanging Fist
- Cham Yew Cheong - Chop-Waist Palm
- Pai Pou Hang - Side Step
- Chuin Wan Cheong - Turn Return Palms
- Chein Jow Thun Ta - Press Elbow Continuous Strikes
NOTE: You can download the video clip onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
You can view all the 10 sequences in this video by clicking the picture below, or at Vimeo by clicking the caption.
- Eagle Claw Sequences 1-10
- Eagle Claw Sequences 11-20
- Eagle Claw Sequences 21-30
- Eagle Claw Sequences 31-40
- Eagle Claw Sequences 41-50
- Fifty Sequences of Eagle Claw Kungfu
- A Lively Discussion of Eagle Claw Kungfu in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum