TAIJIQUAN FOR NON-SHAOLIN WAHNAM MEMBERS
The following Taijiquan (Tai Chi Chuan) webpages are for non-Shaolin Wahnam family members. Shaolin Wahnam family members, of course, may use these webpages for comparison.
I make a claim in "The Complete Book of Tai Chi Chuan" that 90% of Taiji practitioners today get less than 10% of its benefits. When Taijiquan practitioners say that they practice Taijiquan, shortened to Taiji, they mean they only practice external Taijiquan forms. Taijiquan is a wonderful internal, martial art, but there is nothing martial and nothing internal in what they practice.
Practicing external Taiji forms is not without its benefits. Indeed, some people choose to practice external Taiji forms instead of genuine Taijiquan. But practicing external Taiji forms, and not genuine Taijiquan, will not derive the benefits that genuine Taijiquan will give.
Taijiquan masters describe three levels of benefits. At the first level, Taijiquan provides good health. At the second level, it provides combat efficiency. At the highest level, it provides spiritual cultivation. If you practice the lessons mentioned in this programme, not merely learn about them, you should derive these three levels of benefits.
It is understandable that the benefits of this programme is of a lower level than that achieved by Taijiquan practitioners in our school, Shaolin Wahnam. However, in a year with a daily practice of about half an hour to an hour, you should have good health, vitality and longevity, be combat efficient, and be peaceful and happy.
Grandmaster Wong Kiew Kit
6th April 2018.
- Basic Stances to Develop Internal Force and Enhance Daily Living
- Basic Taijiquan Movement and Footwork
- Grasping Sparrow's Tail -- the Mechanics of Taijiquan
- Combat Application of Grasping Sparrow's Tail
- Various Styles of Taijiquan
- Basic Taijiquan Set -- Cloud Hands
- Developing Various Skills in Stationary Pushing Hands
- Frontal Push in Mobile Pushing Hands
- Pushing from the Left and from the Right
- Getting to the Back of Opponents and its Counter
- Strikes from Four Directions -- Top, Middle, Low and Sides
- White Crane Flaps Wings against any Kick!
- Learning Break Falls and Avoiding Leverage Advantage
- Circular-Hand to Counter any Chin-Na Attack
Courses and Classes