HOW TO SUBDUE YOUR OPPONENT WITH CHIN-NA EVEN WHEN HE KNOWS THE COUNTER
If a chin-na master wants to apply a certain chin-na technique on you, he can do so even when you know what is coming and also know the counters. It is not just the techniques that make the chin-na application successful, but also a harmonious application of skills, tactics and strategies.
A chin-na master plans his attacks in such a way that subduing you with his intended chin-na technique or techniques is a certainty. If he fails to subdue you on his first attempt, he will subdue you on his second as you try to avoid or counter his first attack. If he is still unsuccessful in his second attempt, he will be successful in his third — unless, of course, you know his tricks and are skillful enough to counter him.
The chin-na technique, “Immortal Carries Sticks”, is demonstrated in this video series. The master can dislocate an opponent's elbow and throw him over the shoulder or waist. Notice that this chin-na technique is different from a typical Judo shoulder or waist throw. In a typical Judo throw, the opponent may strike with his free hand, but in the chin-na technique, he is prevented from doing so.
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Immortal Carries Sticks||Crow Flaps Wings||Crow Flaps Wings|
|Immortal Carries Sticks||Phoenix-Eye to Heart|
|Immortal Carries Sticks||Monkey Steals Peach|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail email@example.com for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats