MARVELOUS TECHNIQUES BEGET MARVELOUS TECHNIQUES
Two formidable chin-na techniques to dislocate an opponent's wrist are demonstrated here, namely “Immortal Plays Clappers” and “Golden Boy Worships Buddha”.
The counter against “Immortal Plays Clappers” is profound. It uses the opponent's momentum, locks his arm making it seemingly impossible to escape, while striking him with the elbow. The counter against this counter is equally intriguing. With a small twist, a seemingly impossible situation is reverse, manifesting the Shaolin saying that “marvelous techniques beget marvelous techniques”.
The counters in the “Golden Boy” sequence reveal some marvelous techniques. These marvelous techniques depend on an important principle. Do you know what it is?
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Immortal Carries Sticks||Crow Flaps Wings||Crow Flaps Wings|
|Immortal Plays Clappers||Immortal Plays Clappers||Crow Flaps Wings|
|Eagle Claws Catch Dragon||Eagle Claws Catch Dragon||Immortal Plays Clappers|
|Golden Boy Worships Buddha||Golden Boy Worships Buddha||Crow Flaps Wings|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats