COUNTERING SOPHISTICATED CHIN-NA ATTACKS
As chin-na is the most sophisticated of all attack techniques, if you know how to counter chin-na attacks, especially the more difficult ones, you should be able to counter all other forms of attacks too. This is one of the objectives and benefits of the Special Chin-Na Course.
Hence, in the more sophisticated chin-na attacks, instead of showing the counters, Grandmaster Wong asked the participants to work out the counters themselves. One such example is the chin-na pattern “Riding Dragon to Pull Tendons”, where you are spread eagle on the floor and an opponent sits on top of you. It is a great credit to the participants that after understanding some basic principles and observing demonstrations by Grandmaster Wong in another sophisticated pattern “Gold Thread Hangs Gould”, they could work out some effective counters against the seemingly impossible “Riding Dragon” attack.
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Leading the Way||Gold Thread Hangs Gould||White Tiger Presents Claw|
|Gold Thread Hands Gould||Second Auntie Catches Crab||Riding a Dragon|
|Countering a Mount||Countering a Mount|
|Secrets in Clounter||Secrets in Counter|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail email@example.com for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats