MORE SOPHISTICATED CHIN-NA TECHNIQUES
The chin-na techniques shown here, “Single-Legged Carry Lute” and “Kwan Pheng Carries Insignia”, are more sophisticated. The uninitiated may not know they are chin-na techniques, mistakenly thinking they are merely decorative.
Can we apply such sophisticated techniques on our opponents in real combat? Of course, we can, if we know how. Tactics are used to help us in applying the chin-na techniques, and the examples given here are “tempt the opponent to attack in futility”, and “follow his momentum”.
At the course, instead of telling the practitioners the counters to these sophisticated chin-na attacks, Grandmaster Wong asked them to work out the counters themselves, which they did excellently. Some examples are shown here by Andre, Ronny and Adam.
Grandmaster Wong then explained that there were three points of time-frame when we can counter, namely the initial, the mid-point and the ending. Can you tell at what point of time the counters shown in the videos were made against “Single-Legged Carry Lute” and “Kwan Pheng Carries Insignia”?
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
More Sophisticted Chin-Na Techniques
|Single-Legged Holding Lute||Single-Legged Holding Lute||Single-Legged Holding Lute|
|Felling Tree with Roots||Taming Tiger Listening to Wind||Taming Tiger Listening to Wind|
|Green Dragon Shoots Pearl||Kwan Pheng Carries Insignia||Kwan Pheng Carries Insignia|
|Lion Turns Head||Monkey Catches Lices||White Ape Fell Tree|
|White Ape Fells Tree||White Ape Fells Tree|
|Jade Girl Plucks Flower||Cannon Punch Towards Sky|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail email@example.com for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats