SUCCESSFUL APPLICATION OF CHIN-NA ATTACKS AND THREE POINTS OF COUNTERS
Some martial artists say that it is difficult enough to strike a person, applying chin-na techniques, which are more difficult than striking, is impossible. This statement clearly shows that they have no exposure to chin-na. When a chin-na master wants to apply a certain chin-na technique on you, he is almost certain to succeed — unless, of course, you are very skillful in the counters.
In most of the chin-na combat sequences, participants apply the same chin-na attack again and again on an opponent who countered prior similar attacks on him. These successive same attacks also enable the participants learn how to counter them at three different points of time, namely at the end-point of the attack, as the attack is in process, and at the initial point.
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Monkey Steals Peaches||Following Momentum||First Point Counter|
|Bail Moon from Sea Bottom||Bail Moon from Sea Bottom||Second Auntie Catches Crab|
|Fierce Tiger Descends Mountain||Superficial Scratches||Sitting Double Lift Hands|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats