SOME EXAMPLES OF CHIN-NA COMBAT SEQUENCES
There are seventy two combat sequences for each one of the Shaolin Seventy Two Chin-Na Techniques. Each combat sequence incorporates three chin-na techniques.
Sometimes in each combat sequence the chin-na exponent uses different techniques to subdue the opponent. Smetimes he uses the same technique three times..
The combat sequences performed here are “Old Eagle Catches Snake”, “Immortal Carries Sticks”, “Nun Carries Umbrella”, “Sitting Double Lifting Hands”, “Double Tigers Subdue Dragon” and “Squatting to Bend Lotus”.
In the video clip showing “Double Tigers Subdue Dragon” (where only one chin-na technique is shown in this video), Grandmaster Wong explains how one may free his leg if it is caught by an opponent.
The combat sequence “Squatting to Bend Lotus” is shown in a few video clips. Grandmaster Wong explains in some detail how one may free his wrist from a chin-na grip as well as his leg when it is stepped on by an opponent.
You can read first-hand accounts of the Special Chin-Na Course by Zhang Wuji from his posts in the Shaolin Wahnam Discussion Forum by clicking here .
Please click on the pictures or their captions to view the videos.
Please note: you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Enter the webpage (not this one) where the selected video clip can be downloaded. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
|Counter Cocoon Hand||Old Eagle Catches Snake||Immortal Carries Sticks|
|Immortal Carries Sticks||Sitting Double Lifting Palms||Tai Mountain on Head|
|Squatting to Bend Lotus||Reverse Kicking of Purple Bell||Bow-Arrow Thread Palm|
|Squatting to Pluck Flower||Poisonous Snake Turns Body||Reverse Hanging of Golden Lotus|
We would like to express our thanks to Dr Damian, Dr Roseline and Bernadette from Shaolin Wahnam Sabah for making these videos, and Godfery Kissey of Ogingo Videography, Penampang, Sabah, Malaysia (telephone number: 60-88-731788, e-mail email@example.com for providing the video equipment.
Glimpses of Special Chin-Na Course
- Importance of Mind Training and Force Development
- Applying Strategies and Tactics in Effecting Chin-Na Techniques
- More Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Following the Opponent's Momentum in Chin-Na Attacks and Counters
- How to Subdue an Opponent with Chin-Na even when he Knows the Counter
- Chin-Na Techniques for Dislocating Wrists
- Some Examples of Chin-Na Combat Sequences
- Marvelous Techniques Beget Marvelous Techniques
- Three Points of Time to Counter Chin-Na Attacks
- Countering Sophisticated Chin-Na Techniques
- Successful Application of Chin-Na Attacks and Three Points of Counters
- Good Timing and Good Spacing
- Close-Body Fighting and Rapid Punches
- Listening to Winds and Catching Goats