COMBAT SEQUENCES OF TANTUI
Tantui is considered by many as the essence of Northern Shaolin Kungfu and is practiced by thousands of people all over the world. It was formalized at the Long Tan (Dragon Pond) Temple in Shandong Province in North China, and was famous for its “spring-kicks”.
Due to its long history, there are a few versions of Tantui. The one taught in our school is from Chin Woo Association founded by the great Northern Shaolin master, Huo Yun Jia, nicknamed “Yellow-Face Tiger”, yellow being the skin colour foreigners assigned to the Chinese.
However, Tantui has been practiced only in its solo sequences, and most Tantui practitioners today do not know its combat applications. Lamenting this situation, Grandmaster Wong has devised a series of Combat Applications of Tantui which can be accessed here in twelve sequences.
These twelve Tantui combat sequences are linked into three sets as shown in the video clips below. The video clips were taken as the students at the Intensive Shaolin Kungfu Course of June 2007 in Frankfurt learned the combat sequences.
We would like to thank Irina and Anton, both from Shaolin Wahnam Germany for providing these video clips.
|Tantui Combat Application Set 1 Part 1||Tantui Combat Application Set 1 Part 2||Tantui Combat Application Set 1 Part 3|
|Tantui Combat Application Set 2 Part 1||Tantui Combat Application Set 2 Part 2||Tantui Combat Application Set 2 Part 3|
|Tantui Combat Application Set 3 Part 1||Tantui Combat Application Set 3 Part 2||Tantui Combat Application Set 3 Part 3|
|Tantui Combat Application Set 4 Part 1||Tantui Combat Application Set 4 Part 2||Tantui Combat Application Set 4 Part 3|
- The Twelve Sequences of Shaolin Tantui
- The Combat Sequences of Tantui
- Tantui Combat-Application Set
- Tantui against Boxing and Kick-Boxing
- The Technical Advantages of Shaolin Kungfu
- The Wonders of Tantui Sequence 1
- Making Kungfu Alive
- Two Combat Sequences Adequate to Handle Most Ordinary Opponents
- A Counter against Any Kicks!
- The Formidable Three Rings Around the Moon
- Penetrating the Impenetrable
- Countering Elbow and Knee Strikes from Muay Thai Fighters
- The Fascinating Combat Applications of Tantui in Striking, Kicking, Felling and Gripping
- Spotting Secrets Hidden in the Open
- Helping One Another and Having Fun in Sparring
- Laying Foundation Before Training Combat
- From Form to Flow to Force
- Linking Sequences to Form Sets
- The Profundity of the Twelve Tantui Combat Sequences
Tantui in Picture Series
Combat Application of Tantui
Tantui, the Essence of Northern Shaolin
Treasure House of Kungfu Sets
Treasure House of Combat Application
Courses and Classes