UNDERSTANDING AND IMPLEMENTING TECHNIQUES, TACTICS AND SKILLS AGAINST BOXERS
As a Boxer's techniques are limited, it is technically easy to handle him. His main techniques are jabs, crosses, hooks and undercuts.
Our main tactics are to brush away his attacks, close him so that it is difficult for him to continue attacking, and strike him. When he tries to escape by bouncing away, we chase after him. Take note that we do not retreat. Retreating would give a Boxer initiative and advantages. You must remember that it is not enough just to know the techniques and tactics; you must also have the skills to carry out the techniques and tactics successfully.
So far, we have focused on jabs, crosses and hooks. Undercuts will be dealt with later. Please also take note that there are many other tactics to handle a Boxer competently, like kicking and felling him. We shall leave these other tactics to later lessons. Even the present tactics explained so far are sufficient to handle a Boxer competently.
- From Shaolin to Instinctive Fighting to Boxing
- Basic Counters against a Boxer's Jabs
- Chasing after a Boxer's Retreat
- One-Step, Two-Step or Multiple-Step Chase
- Practicing on your Own, then Testing it on your Partner
- Counters against a Boxer's Left Jabs
- Handling Unexpected Attacks Correctly and Spontaneously
- Progressing to Realistic Sparring with a Boxer
- Employing Appropriate Tactics to Defeat a Boxer
- Sticking to a Boxer as he Tries to Bounce Away
- Advantages of the Bow-Arrow Stance over a Boxer's Footwork
- Practicing Numerous Tactics against Boxers
- Handling a Boxer Competently despite his Speed and Size
- Understanding and Implementing Techniques, Tactics and Skills against Boxers
- Countering the Left-Left-Right of Boxers
- Kick a Boxer Whenever he Uses his Right Hand
- Various Tactics to Handle a Boxer
- Attacking a Boxer with a Planned Sequence
- Felling an Opponent as he Attacks with an Undercut
- Various Ways to Fell an Opponent
- Knee Strikes and their Counters
- From Simple Techniques to Sophisticated Patterns
- Why are many Kungfu Practitioners Unable to Counter Muay Thai or Kick-Boxing Attacks?
- Superiority of Kungfu Stances, Footwork and Techniques
- Counters against Muay Thai and Kick-Boxing Attacks
- Effective Tactics and Techniques against Continuous Attacks Mixed with Feint Moves
- How do you Counter Continous Kicks?
- Exploiting the Innate Weaknesses of Kicks to Counter Them
- Throwing an Opponent as he Kicks
- Striking the Attacker as he Attempts a Shoot
- Countering the Shoot when an Attacker has Grabbed you or Pushed you onto the Ground