SHAOLIN KUNGFU AGAINST KICK-BOXING IN FREE SPARRING
After learning some effective Shaolin tactics and techniques against Kick-Boxing, the course participants apply them in free sparring against sparring partners who act as Kick-Boxers. This is only logical. We apply what we practice.
Yet, surprisingly it may be, many kungfu practitioners today don't do this. They practice kungfu, but when it comes to free sparring or real fighting, they discard what they have learnt and practiced and use Kick-Boxing, or whatever style their opponents are using. If their opponents use Boxing, they would also use Boxing; if their opponent use Wrestling, they would use Wrestling too!
They give away two big advantages to their opponents, without their opponents having to do anything. They fight in a way they are unaccustomed to, and also they fight in a way most favorable to their opponents. You must guard against such mistakes.
The video clips below showing Shaolin Kungfu against Kick-Boxing in free sparring were taken less than an hour after the first four video clips shown here. It is inspiring that there is noticeable difference beteeen the two.
In the first case, participants could handle hand strikes of the Kick-Boxers but when their opponents kicked, the participants had to retreat. But after learning the tactics and techniques shown in the previous series, they could press their opponents back effectively. Hence, what you need to do when you meet a Kick-Boxer in free sparring or real fighting is to apply these tactics and techniques. Don't fall into the very common mistake of throwing away what you have learnt and fight like you opponents do.
Please note that you can download the video clips onto your own computer and view them at your leisure. Place your computer pointer at the picture or one of the links, and right click. Choose “Save Target As”. Select the directory or sub-directory where you wish to keep the video clip. Click “Save”.
1. Stances: the Foundation for Internal Force and Combat Efficiency
2. Footwork Secrets for Health, Efficiency and Elegance
3. Moving into a Same Direction using Different Ways to Gain Advantages
4. Picture-Perfect Forms and Flowing Movements
5. From Random Fighting to Patterns, and from Patterns to Sequences and Sets
9. The Five Basic Kicks
10. The Secrets of Side Kicks and Continuous Cannons
11. How You may Defeat Opponents Experienced in Random Free Sparring
12. How Would a Fragile Girl Counter a Powerful Sweeping Kick from a Muay Thai Fighter?
18. Working out Ways to Fight a Boxer
19. Effective Tactics and Techniques against Boxers
20. From Gross Outline to Fine Details
21. Exploiting Advantage to Clinch Victory
22. Variety of Kungfu Techniques against Boxers
23. Analysis of Techniques Used against Boxers
24. Using Shaolin Kunfu against Boxing in Free Sparring
30. Understanding the Typical Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters
31. Grandmaster Ho's Secrets in Countering Muay Thai Fighters
32. First Avoid Defeat, Then Secure Victory
33. Counteroing the Elbow and Knee Attacks of Muay Thai Fighters